I’m a gregarious extrovert. I love people. If I spend too much time alone I get cranky.
But even I know dogs are way better than people.
Want to see my list?
Dogs Are Better Than People Because…
1. I have never once convinced a person to do something I wanted them to by offering them a cookie.
2. When you ask a dog if she wants to go for a walk, the answer is always yes.
3. Even the barkiest dog spends less time talking than most people.
4. Your dog won’t tell you it’s a bad time if you want to run your hands all over his body.
5. Dogs never hog the bathroom. Or the computer.
6. Dog is not a Republican. Or a Democrat.
7. A dog will never sneak up on you. Especially if you keep her toenails a little on the long side.
8. Your dog will never ask to borrow money.
9. Dogs don’t read bad books and insist on telling you about them.
10. A dog will never laugh at you for your singing or tell you you’re off pitch.
11. If a dog goes to war it usually lasts a few minutes, is easily broken up, and often results in no bloodshed.
12. Your dog won’t complain if you feed him the same food twice in a row.
13. They don’t insist on making yet another video backed up by Pharrell’s pop song, Happy. (Isn’t anyone else sick of it yet?)
14. You’ll never have to explain the conflicts in the Middle East to your dog.
15. Dogs never beg you for something new because all the other dogs have one.
16. With dogs, you’re never ashamed of having no plans on a Saturday night and going to bed early. In fact, to a dog, that’s a perfect evening.
17. No dog has ever given someone the stink eye for forgetting their birthday or gotcha day.
18. Your dog will never be the last person to use the toilet paper without replacing the roll.
19. Dogs never hide their feelings.
20. No one else has ever jumped up and down with excitement when I’ve come home from work.
And the all time best reason dogs are better than people?
21. Because they’re dogs. And they don’t need to be compared to people. They’re perfect just the way they are.
Your Turn: Why do you prefer your dog to some people?