I know. You love the company. Your dog is your best friend. You love to be with her.
But if you let your dog come along with you when you do car errands. You may regret it.
Top 10 Funny Reasons Not to Let Your Dog Go Along
1. No cop will ever believe you when you tell him your chihuahua suddenly said “¡Yo Quiero Taco Bell!” and pushed the gas pedal to the floor because he was hungry for a chalupa.
2. Aren’t you tired of coming back to your car after shopping just to find all your radio buttons were reprogrammed to oldies stations most likely to play “Who Let the Dogs Out” and “The Puppy Song?”
3. It’s hard to flirt with that cute guy stopped at the traffic light when your Newfoundland is drooling on your head.
4. Dogs don’t count for letting you ride in the fast High Occupancy Vehicle lane on the highway.
5. People at the gym will start calling you Chewbacca because your black exercise clothes are covered in fur.
6. Your dog will always recover that french fry lodged beneath the seat—by chewing through the seat if necessary.
7. Did you know that the iced coffee you put in the cup holder is just the right size for a dog’s foot?
8. It’s hard to change lanes when the only thing you see in your side view mirror is a sniffing nose, a big tongue, and two floppy ears blowing in the breeze.
9. The bridge toll booth attendants still haven’t forgotten the “incident” when your dog thought the tickets they were handing out were cookies.
10. That little flatulence problem that’s funny in the house is deadly in your Mini Cooper.
And the Best Reason To Keep Your Dog At Home This Summer (that’s not funny at all)
Because even if you’ve had the air conditioning going, it’s only 70 degrees outside, and you leave all the windows cracked open, your dog could become ill or die from heat exhaustion. It takes only minutes for the temperature inside your car to go above 100 degrees.
Would you want to sit in a hot car wearing a fur coat? Then why would you make your dog?
So keep the joy and laughter coming for years to come. Leave your dog at home this summer.