Spring begins in our corner of the world next week.
How do I know?
My dog has shown me all the signs.
10 Dog Signs of Spring
1. People tell me flowers are starting to appear. I can’t see them through the cloud of shedding dog hair.
2. The dog who never pulls on leash suddenly perks up at every sound on a walk.
3. A week after the start of Daylight Savings Time surprised the dog with early dinner, she’s already barking to be fed a half hour before her regular dinner hour.
4. Every floor surface (and a few upholstered ones) has muddy paw prints.
5. The recently snow-covered backyard is looking like a poop factory.
6. After hundreds of cold and windy walks where we had the entire neighborhood to ourselves, we suddenly see old friends (and their people) on every block.
7. More and more of our evening cuddle sessions are cut short by the panting dog going to lie on the cool, wood floor.
8. Afternoon naps get interrupted by those pesky birds trying to build nests in the gutters and window sills.
9. The sharp bark that signals the dog wants to go out is followed by her standing on the porch and sniffing the world instead of the usual potty break.
10. I find myself briefly thinking of making an Easter basket full of dog treats.
What signs has your dog given you that spring is here?