I’ve been writing Something Wagging This Way Comes since March 2010. I began with a 35 word post about Honey.
- I’ve written 833 posts (834 when I finish this one).
- Gotten almost 14,000 comments (nearly every one smart, funny, or at least kind).
- I have a 23 page list of things I want to write about (and add to it every day).
But I have no idea how to tell people what they’ll find if they come to Something Wagging This Way Comes for the first time.
My tag line, An Amateur’s Musings on Dogs and Their People, is vague. I’m particularly interested in the human canine bond but that sounds turgid and dull.
It doesn’t matter much if I can’t tell people about my blog. Until I try to create a logo and new design.
Design is a way of sharing basic information. When someone comes to the Something Wagging site, the design should communicate what kind of blog it is.
But I don’t know what kind of blog it is. Do you?
My kind husband has taken a first pass at creating some logos to go in the header of a new blog design. Would you be willing to share your opinions?
I’m posting three early designs below:
- Which logo do you like the most?
- Which logo do you think best matches what you expect to find at Something Wagging?
- And what in the world is Something Wagging about?
I’ve always known my readers are smarter than I am. I can tell from the comments. Hopefully you’ll send us off in the right direction.
Your Turn: Do you have any idea what Something Wagging This Way Comes is about? Do you have any thoughts on our three logo attempts? And, if you blog, do you know what your blog is about?