Any of us who have raised a dog from puppyhood know how quickly they grow up. But when you only have a puppy for a week, every new thing he learns stands out as a big step.
Here are the things our foster puppy Buster has learned since he arrived here Sunday afternoon, in order:
- Walking up the stairs.
- Squatting results in being immediately picked up and whisked outdoors.
- Sleeping in his crate without whining.
- Walking on a leash.
- How to squeeze out the bottom of the x-pen door.
- Walking down the stairs.
- Not to bite like a Tasmanian devil when he’s frustrated.
- How to spin a container around the floor to get the food out.
Buster goes back to the SPCA to be adopted on Monday. What do you think he’ll learn in the next two days?