What? It’s a blogger award? Oh. I’ll just go chew a stick now.
Sorry about that. Honey borrowed the laptop when I wasn’t looking. But I must say, she’s quite a good typist.
Anyway, as Honey almost got right, we’ve been awarded a Versatile Blogger Award from our friends over at Greyhounds CAN Sit! And, while we were sniffing around our regular reads to pass the award along, we discovered that Kolchak Puggle of Kol’s Notes had also given us the same award. Thank you both so much.
The point of such awards is to pass along the link love which I’ll do in a minute, when I give the award to 15 (whew!) other versatile bloggers.
But first, I’m supposed to tell you 7 things you don’t know about me. Are there 7 things you don’t know about me?
- I love to read. I read about 150 books a year with a regular work schedule but can read 2-3 books in a day at the beach.
- My guilty pleasure is watching So You Think You Can Dance on the computer. I don’t understand the appeal of that other dance show where people watch “celebrities” who can’t dance very well. But this YouTube video shows why I look forward to SYTYCD now that it’s streaming on Hulu.
- I’m good at trivia (one of the benefits of knowing a little about everything but a lot about nothing). I once won a scholarship by competing on the world’s longest-running, televised quiz show.
- My family has a Pennsylvania Dutch heritage which is why most Thanksgivings we ate stuffed pig stomach instead of turkey.
- The blogger whose life I envy the most is Amy Burkert of GoPetFriendly. Read about her adventures at TakePaws.
- I always pay my bills and manage my finances while Blazing Saddles is playing on a corner of my computer monitor. Maybe that explains why I’m not rich? Nah.
- I briefly had my own business teaching personal journaling workshops. I called it Spiral House and my symbol was a snail.
Ok, enough about me. Time to pass the love along.
This is very hard for me. I love so many blogs. But I tend to over think everything. I look to see if someone has received the award already. I wonder if they would find the award nonsense or be too busy to follow the “rule” to pass it on. And, of course, I’d really like to write nice things about all of these great blogs and tell you why I love them. But time is a ticking and it’s just 12 hours to my bedtime. Time to just give it up and share my list of versatile bloggers (in no particular order):
- 24 Paws of Love
- Cleo’s Day
- Dancing Dog Blog
- How Sam Sees It
- I Still Want More Puppies
- Kahuna’s K9s
- No Dog About It
- Oh My Dog!
- Paw City Print Times
- Kenzo the Hovawart
- Royalty Living a Regular Life
- The Poodle (and dog) Blog
- The Dog Park
- Love and a Six-Foot Leash
- Dog Blogging with Luna and Penny
All of you post interesting things that keep me coming back for more. If you want to pay it forward, you should list 7 things about yourself we may not know about you and nominate 15 other bloggers so we can see what you’re reading.
Okay, my duties are done. It’s time to get to the beach.
This is a blog hop. Hop on…