Vicky, from Paw Print City Times, has awarded me a Stylish Blogger Award. I am very thankful to her for the kind thoughts. Especially since I started following her blog reluctantly.
You see, I worry about all the time I spend on the computer. And I know that if I read and follow too many blogs, I’ll begin to neglect my Hubby and my Honey. So when I find a new blog, I look for reasons not to follow it. Y’know, to keep my schedule free.
The first time I visited Paw Print City Times, I thought it looked adorable. Check it out. It’s just beautiful and very well-designed.
And then I started poking around and reading her posts. And they’re wonderfully written with a lot of charm. Damn, another blog for my feed reader.
So thank you, Vicky, for the award. And for the wonderful blog posts I look forward to reading.
The responsibilities that accompany this award are:
- thank the blogger who gave the award (check)
- share 7 things about yourself/your pets (coming up next)
- pass the award onto 15 other bloggers (and I’m working on it).
7 Things about Pam and Honey:
- I love to swim; Honey the Golden Retriever does not.
- Our compromise is to kayak. Honey rides in the cockpit with me.
- I love talky, character-driven movies where nothing much happens, like My Dinner with Andre or Wings of Desire or The Straight Story. Honey likes any movie with dogs in it.
- By my 21st birthday, I had visited 11 countries but only 5 U.S. states. Since we’re taking up sailing, I hope Honey can say the same thing when she’s 21 years old.
- I named my first (male) dog Duchess for the Mama Cat in the Aristocats. Honey has not yet named her first dog.
- I have never drunk a cup of coffee, ever. Neither has Honey.
- Sitting on the beach in the sun makes my heart swell with joy. Sitting on the beach in the sun makes Honey want to dig.
15 Blogs I’m Passing the Award on to (in almost alphabetical order):
- Barking Out Loud
- Boulder Dog
- Champion of My Heart
- How Sam Sees It
- I Still Want More Puppies
- Life Spent Wagging
- Little Dogs on Long Leashes
- Oh My Dog!
- Paws to Rufflect with Kahuna’s K9s
- A Poodle and a Pit Bull
- The Poodle (and Dog) Blog
- Rescued Insanity
- The (mis)Adventures of Sage
- Urban Canines
- Will My Dog Hate Me?
Some are poignant, some are funny, some are smart. All have something interesting to say about people and their dogs. Congratulations to you all. And don’t forget to share the love by passing the award along to 15 bloggers after sharing your 7 things.