When our friends at Kol’s Notes passed the Kreativ Blogger award to Something Wagging This Way Comes, they said I was under no obligation to pass it along.
Don’t you love people who say nice things about you and want nothing in return?
Paying it Forward
So if I’ve gotten permission to rest on my laurels, why am I so insistent on passing along every award I get?
- Whether we’re just starting out and wondering if anyone’s reading or feeling burnt out by blogging obligations, it’s encouraging to find someone likes our stuff.
- Links into our sites rank us higher on Google and other sites. I want to do everything I can to help great bloggers meet their goals.
But before paying it forward, I have to pay it back.
Thank you Kol’s Notes for the kind award. And for always giving us a good laugh.
Rules is Rules: 7 Things You Don’t Know About Me
- Although I’m only in my 40s, have no kids, and no wrinkles, the natural color of my hair is totally silver. I’m working on growing it out now. (It’s very traumatic.)
- I blame my husband for #1. I found my first grey hair at 18 years old, shortly after I met him.
- I like almost every form of music—opera, heavy metal, folk, Tuvan throat singing, Gospel, Baroque. Probably every type of music except pop. I just can’t stand anything that ends up in the top 40.
- I’ve been married 22 years and still have trouble remembering my anniversary. My husband never forgets.
- I’ve discovered that my bad grooming habits benefit Honey. Letting the fur grow between her pads protects her feet from salt on wintry sidewalks.
- Although I’m an incredibly clumsy person I’ve never broken a bone.
- Electronic mail makes me hyperventilate. It’s true. The e-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail.
Artists (and Germans) Spell Kreativ with a “K”
Every blogger I read is creative. Kreativ even. So I’m going to highlight 7 bloggers who are visually creative. These are the bloggers who feature beautiful photos on their blogs.
They cause me serious focus envy.
So go. Now. And enjoy the eye candy.