I’m participating in NaBloPoMo which means I’m posting to Something Wagging every day.
I woke up wondering what I was going to write today and trolling facebook for inspiration when, amidst the Hello Kitty sushi pictures (they were cute) and OWS updates, I saw several status updates that Mel Freer’s foster dog, Lady, was missing.
Lady slipped her collar in an unfortunate accident and took off running in a busy part of town. You can read the whole story at Mel’s blog.
We all understand the feelings of fear, worry, powerlessness, and guilt when we lose a dog. And no matter how careful we are, bad things happen.
Unfortunately, there’s no way to tell a dog running in fear, “Stop, you have nothing to be afraid of. Come back and I’ll explain it all to you.”
The best we can do is walk and drive around, post signs, get help from friends, and now, tweet and share on facebook.
How You Can Help
- If you tweet, please retweet: Lost #Sheltie in #Eagan #Minnesota. Brown and white. Afraid of people. Tweet @melzpetpals if you see her.
- If you are on Facebook, please ask your friends to share with their Minnesota friends a picture of Lady or refer them to her blog post from last weekend. Mel posted pictures and video of Lady here.
- Or just click on the little facebook window on the right and share the missing poster I’ve linked to there.
- Say a prayer or send helpful wishes for Mel and Lady.
Encouragement for Mel
Many of you reading this have probably “met” Mel in blogworld. If you haven’t, I hope you will one day soon.
Mel is a tireless and passionate advocate for animals. She is also as kind to people as she is to dogs. Because of that, she has some powerful tools at her disposal:
- The help of the Minnesota Sheltie Rescue who placed Lady with her.
- A well-regarded blog that is a regular read for many.
- An active twitter life with over 1700 followers.
- And the help of all of us.