Some A-musings on Puppy Love
- If we love puppies because they’re furry, why don’t more of us want to date men with hairy backs?
- If we love puppy breath so much, why do we freak out that some people eat dogs?
- If we love puppies because they have drooly jowls, why don’t our voices get all high and squeaky when we see a picture of Richard Nixon or Winston Churchill?
- If we love puppies because they’re little and squirmy, why don’t we get all excited when we turn over our compost?
- If we love puppies because of their loud, excited yips, why don’t we all want to take Richard Simmons home?
Pausing to give thanks
Honey and I are so thankful for all the support we’ve received in raising money for the Tompkins County SPCA through the March for the Animals. If you want to know why people from all over the world are supporting a small shelter in upstate NY, read all about it here.
Thank you especially goes to recent donors :
- Edie of Will My Dog Hate Me fame (and don’t forget the equally delightful Am I Boring My Dog?)
- Julie at The Daily Dog Blog
- and Amanda who I am unable to match to a blog or a face; Amanda, if you see this, send me a note so I can thank you personally
The March for the Animals isn’t until October 1 so you still have time to join in.
And, as an extra thank you, I’ve decided to dig into my big bag o’swag and hold a random prize giveaway among my donors.
I’ll announce the prize (but I promise it will be something good) and the winner after the October 1 march. Click here to donate securely online.