Did you laugh when you saw Daisy and Cooper getting ice cream at McDonald’s?
If you’re one of the six people in the world who hasn’t seen this viral video, check out the footage:
Not everyone found it funny. If you read the comments under the video, you’ll find plenty of people accusing Cooper’s people of abuse.
“Don’t feed sugar to dogs they will die.”
“Sugar doesn’t kill you right away, first it makes your dogs blind and their teeth fall of (sic), and the dog suffers and dies… ”
My personal favorite: “And it’s humans like these that should never own pets…”
Okay, I know that too much milk gives many dogs diarrhea. And sugar’s not good for anyone.
But is a treat from the drive-thru dog abuse? And if it is, how many of us could also be accused of abusing our dogs?
How Do You Abuse Your Dog?
Okay, I’ll start first. I’ll lay myself bare and tell you how I abuse my dog Honey.
- When we go out for ice cream, I let her lick the last sea salt caramel clinging to the bowl.
- I make her sit in the freezing cold posing for pictures in exchange for a few treats.
- I play OK Go’s White Knuckles video and laugh at Honey while she watches the dogs on the screen.
- When we rent a car, I let her put her head out the window at slow speeds without making her wear doggles.
- I don’t let Honey carry her stuffies out into the yard.
- And sometimes, gasp, I even go out to work so I can earn money to keep her in dog food and treats, leaving Honey alone in the house with no one to watch her sleep.
I know. I’m a terrible person. But a dog abuser?
Let’s just say I’m glad I’m not being judged by the YouTube courts.
Your Turn: How do YOU abuse YOUR Dog?