Thank you to everyone who worked so hard to follow the clues on Honey’s Holiday Happening.
Yes, they were very hard. No one could have gotten them by knowledge alone unless they were very familiar with Honey’s favorite vacation spot.
Cape May, New Jersey!
Cape May is the oldest seashore resort in the United States and has more Victorian architecture than any city except San Francisco.
- Every year, the World Series of Birding is held here. (clue #1)
- The city was named for the Dutch captain who explored and charted it, Cornelius Mey. (clue #2)
- The cape is hopeless (not the Cape of Good Hope) and it has no fish (is not Cape Cod). (clue #3)
- Honey’s vacation spot is the inspiration for the song, “On the Way to Cape May (I fell in love with you).” (clue #4)
- The U.S. Coast Guard recruit training center is in Cape May. (clue #5)
And the winner, drawn randomly from all the correct answers:
Georgia Little Pea Ratatouille!
GLP Ratatouille will receive a $25 gift card from Amazon. Georgia Little Pea Ratatouille writes the wonderful and amusing blog, Little Dogs on Long Leashes. She’s
neglecting her blog taking a well-deserved vacation. But stop by to congratulate her.