We’re approaching Honey’s first birthday (January 26) and I’m thinking about what a great gift she has been to me this year.
- Honey is a very “easy” dog. Even her first night home with us, she only whined for 5 seconds and then, never again.
- Honey is friends with everyone!
- Honey is up for any kind of fun–hiking, kayaking, tug, and fetch (which especially pleases my husband; none of our previous dogs would fetch).
- Honey is beautiful.
- Honey is smart. She knows the names of most of her toys, learns quickly, and is easy to teach new things.
I hope Honey thinks I’m as good a present to her.
- I find safe places for her to play with other dogs (which she loves).
- We play games together throughout the day–find the treat, pick up your toys, fetch, and others.
- Honey gets to run off leash and explore.
- I give her yummy treats–salmon jerky, liver, carrots, winter squash are all favorites.
- I give Honey chances to learn and explore new things like K9 nose work or agility.
Having a dog is like Christmas every day. Sometimes it’s a Norman Rockwell Christmas and sometimes it’s a Clark Griswold Christmas but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Merry Christmas, Everyone!