Who dressed you?
Recently I saw two different articles online that featured men giving their wives fashion makeovers. This one from a British newspaper was very fun and surprisingly sweet. Only one husband tarted up his wife to the point she wanted to cry.
My husband gives pretty good fashion advice. He’ll be honest (but kind) if something isn’t flattering. And he likes nearly everything I wear that shows I’m making a little effort. (Thanks, Sweetie! And Happy Anniversary!)
But what about Honey? If my dog could give fashion advice, what would she suggest?
- treat pockets, lots of treat pockets–with wide openings so yummies come out quickly and easily
- waterproof shoes–what’s the point of walking if you have to step around every puddle?
- loose fitting arms–the better for tossing a ball
- stinky–it’s easier to find you when you’re hiding behind a tree
- gloves–impromptu games of tug with a stick found on the street are too short; you’ve got wussy hands
- dark colors–how will anyone know you have a dog if they can’t see the dog hair?
Some clever entrepreneur has designed a dog-walking jacket with cargo pockets for poopie bags, a leash connector for the belt, and layers to work with every weather. I was very impressed the first time I saw it. But it’s features are what a human would want a dog walking jacket to look like, not what a dog might want it to be.
So, do tell. If your dog designed your wardrobe, what would it look like? I bet Bunny of Tales and Tails wants her person to be stylish and color-coordinated. And if I had to guess, Shiva over at Rescued Insanity would insist on the outdoorsy, adventurous look. It looks like Tank from love and a six foot leash would probably expect a safari jacket.
How does your dog want you to dress?
This is a blog hop. Hop on.