I know what other people say about me. I’m a crazy dog person.
But how crazy would people think I am if they saw me with my dog behind closed doors?
Crazy With Dogs At Home
Okay, I don’t dress Honey up in seventeenth century costumes and pretend we’re at Versailles. And my house isn’t overrun with hundreds of dogs like a hoarder.
But I do some pretty crazy stuff.
And I suspect I’m not the only one. Have you ever
- sung songs to your dog (the Beatles kindly wrote a song about my dog)
- changed the lyrics to include your dog’s name
- danced with your dog
- slid your dog around the floors on a blanket or bed (if she’s small) or
- had your dog slide you around the floors on a blanket or bed (if he’s big)
- sat on the floor to keep from disturbing your dog on the furniture
- woken up to find a paw in your nostril
- matched your outfit to your dog’s fur color
- woken your dog from a deep sleep because you worried he had stopped breathing
- used a bag of poop to warm your hands on a cold walk
- cooked for your dog and then eaten a sandwich over the sink because you’re too tired to cook for yourself
- planned your vacation around what your dog likes to do
- signed cards and letters as your dog (with her own unique handwriting or paw print)
- created a blog or social media account for your dog
I could go on. But I have to get to work.
Because this crazy dog person has to keep her little fuzzy butt supplied with snacks and toys.
Your Turn: I’m not alone, right? What crazy things have you done at home with your dogs?