Usually my dog goes naked.
But I can see a few silly reasons Honey might wear a coat. And one serious one.
7 Silly Reasons Your Dog Needs A Coat
- Dogs already rock brown, grey, black, tan, white, and all the other color coats they’re born wearing. They deserve to show off their fashion chops in blue, green, and red as well.
- Am I the only one who cuddles my dog in the winter because of their warmth? I didn’t think so. A coat is one way to keep them from sucking all our warmth away in a post-walk cuddle.
- That light reflecting stripe on your dog’s coat will help you know when it’s time to get a baggie out on a dark walk.
- If you think your dog gets a lot of attention from strangers for being so cute, just try walking around with her wearing a coat.
- Every inch of fur that doesn’t get rained on during a walk is another inch that doesn’t smell like wet dog when you get home.
- A nice splashy coat will help you find your pup easily at the dog park when he’s surrounded by a dozen other black labs, golden retrievers, or other common breed.
- Accepting paid ads from local businesses to place on your dog’s coat might just pay for that kibble you’ve been buying for years.
And there’s one serious reason your dog needs a coat.
- Because better clothing means more adventures.
Dressing Your Dog For Adventure
Do you avoid walks because it’s not safe to walk after dark? Get your dog a coat with a light.
Is your dog sensitive to the cold? She needs a coat to make outdoor play time more comfortable.
If the worst happened and she fell overboard, the flotation in the coat would keep her head above water. The bright color and light reflective stripes give us a way to keep track of her in waves. And the handle gives us an easy way to pluck her back on board.
Are you convinced? Does your dog need a coat?
Then this is your lucky week.
Win a Kurgo Jacket Or Coat
We’re joining a bunch of awesome blogs in another group Kurgo giveaway!
Kurgo has a variety of both dog coats and lighter dog jackets to make sure that your fun continues right into the winter months, whether your region’s winter weather means ice and snow or just chilly winds.
The winner will receive the style, color and size of their choice! You’ll be able to select from options including the stylish Loft Jacket, a reversible jacket that’s also waterproof…
…the North Country dog coat which even comes with its own LED light, perfect for those short winter days…
…and lighter jackets like the Allagash Dog Jacket, waterproof, washable, and made without PVC….
and even the Surf and Turf Life Jacket with removable flotation so you can also use it as a rain jacket.
The winner will get to select their favorite choice…and will be all set for a season of cold weather adventure!
How to Enter
You’ll enter in the widget below. One winner will be selected at random; Kurgo will ship the prize directly to the winner. This giveaway is open to readers in the USA and Canada. Good luck!
Disclosure: This giveaway prize is sponsored by Kurgo; the company will ship the prize directly to the winner. All opinions and statements are entirely my own.
Disclosure: This giveaway prize is sponsored by Kurgo; the company will ship the prize directly to the winner. Like always, all opinions are entirely my own.